For several years Saturday Night Live had a recurring sketch called Celebrity Jeopardy led by Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek. Most of the episodes featured Sean Connery, played by Darrell Hammond, openly antagonizing Trebek by transforming category names into sexually suggestive phrases. My favorite was the category "An Album Cover" which Connery pronounced Anal Bum Cover.
This episode came to mind today as I was reading an article in the local paper about seemingly legitimate businesses with slightly questionable domain names. Some fall into the what were they thinking category while others must surely be the result of a more mischievous mind. Below are a few of my favorites.
* A database titled Who Represents listing the names of the agents representing various celebrities: whorepresents.com.
* Need a pen? Well then, be sure stop by Pen Island, your one stop shop for the biggest and best pens around: penisland.net.
* If you are in need of therapy your in double luck. You can choose from therapistfinder.net or therapistfinder.com.
* Those interested in the latest computer software should visit ipanywhere.com.
* Brits looking for an advertising agency might turn to speedofart.com.
* Folks seeking a relaxing Nevada vacation spot should look no further than gotahoe.com, the ultimate Lake Tahoe resource.
* It seems someone must have tipped off the folks at the Mole Station Native Nursery in New South Wales. Although their original URL, www.molestationnursery.com still works it now takes you directly to their new site at molerivernursery.com. Party poopers.