Monday, February 06, 2006

Go Around

Not long ago I began setting the cruise control at 60mph (which is the posted limit) and settling into the middle lane on my 25-minute commute along I-494 to and from work everyday. I started in response to rising gas prices, believing I could save money by using fuel more efficiently. Not only was I able get 20-40 more miles out of a tank of gas but I also felt a great deal less stress as I no longer felt the need to get around that jerk holding up traffic. I became that jerk! I soon took great delight in the glaring looks and indignant gestures I received from other drivers, disgusted with the notion that I might actually drive the speed limit. Today I saw a bumpersticker that sums up perfectly, my attitude toward these people. It said,

"I'm just driving this way to piss you off!"

I've got get me one of those.

No comments: