Thursday, February 16, 2006

What's The Big Deal?


Recently I began carrying my lunch to work in this bag. It used to belong to my daughter but she has since upgraded to a backpack that comes with an attached lunchbag. Although I anticipated a few chuckles I was surprised at just what a big deal people would make of me carrying this to work. Almost everyone has made some comment or another. The women all think it's cute and the men seem threatened. If fact one (male) colleague went so far as to question my masculinity. Clearly he was the one intimidated. What began as a lark has turned into a rather fun social experiment.

So, what do you think?

4 comments:

Charlie said...

I think your lunch bucket is stunning, especially if you have pink fuzzy slippers to match it.

The men aren't threatened, they are merely jealous of your exquisite taste in culinary fashion.

Anonymous said...

I think it's cool to have a pink lunchbag.

Sven said...

"It is cute- but is it functional? What sort of storage capacity are we talking bout? How about handles?"

In the picture the handle is on the top. As for storage, it has one large and one small compartment. It holds quite a bit or stuff but due to its upright nature it is not conducive to carrying things such as soup.

sissy said...

I knew I liked you for a reason...