Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What Do I Do With All These Boxes

Recently I have run into a dilemma for which I have yet to find and adequate solution. What to do with all those damn clementine boxes!

Kristin and I make every effort to follow the three R's (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) and thus have found uses for many of the things that would otherwise make their way to the local landfill. I have even been accused of holding onto something in hopes that a "use" for it will one day appear. I think I inherited this habit from my grandmother who is famous for such things as weaving floormats out of old breadbags. Now there is a lost art!

Nonetheless, the last few years has provided me with an abundance of seemingly well-built small wooden boxes formerly inhabited by clementines. It seems like there should be an obvious use for them but I'll be damned if I can find one. The small holes in the bottom pose a problem for storing nuts, bolts, screws or the like. The lack of a lid makes it tough to use them for anything that requires protection and I doubt they would withstand any amount of rain or other outdoor elements.

Any ideas?

No comments: