Thursday, March 09, 2006

What's In A Name

I ran across FrankenGirl's blog yesterday. What drew me to it was the name, since I lovingly dubbed my wife FrankenKristin after her brain surgery last fall. I have no reason to believe that FrankenGirl had brain surgery so I am left to assume she chose the name for some other reason. She is literate, astute and a tad feminist.

On the heals of the 78th Academy Awards and the success of "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp", which was awarded Best Original Song, she has begun a discussion into the culture and language behind the whole pimp thing, here and here.

It's worth a read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FrankenKristin is cute and much nicer sounding than "FrankenDoctor's Monster" or "Bride of FrankenSven"...

I visited Frankengirl's site and I am still debating where I fall on the witch/bitch question. I do agree, however, with the sentiment that it should be hard for a pimp -- because there can be alluring witches, as well as women who are justified to bitch, but pimping is never cool the way I look at it.

Sven said...

I actually like Bride of FrankenSven. I may have to change the name of my blog again.

Sophia said...

May I add "Frankenstin"? Or "Frankristin"?